Finlake Riding Centre
Hats must be worn at all time whilst mounted. Hats must be up to current standards of PAS 015
Safe footwear is compulsory. Shoes/boots/wellies with a suitable heel (small, broad heel with smooth sole) are appropriate for riding. Trainers are not allowed.
Hats and boots are available to borrow at no extra cost
(if borrowing boots please wear socks)
We recommend long hair is tied up in a low pony tail.
Long comfy trousers (leggings/joggers/jeans if not too tight) are recommended. No shorts.
Necklaces, dangly ear-rings, bracelets, protruding rings and peircings must not be worn as could cause injury.
**Please note this is an "all weather sport" therefore in the event of wet weather please ensure you bring suitable clothing with you**
*IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY FOR YOU AND OUR HORSES, ALL HORSES HAVE VERY STRICT WEIGHT LIMITS PLEASE BE HONEST.
*WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WEIGH ANYONE BEFORE RIDING.
*YOU RIDE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HORSES ARE ANIMALS AND CAN BE UNPREDICTABLE AT TIMES.
*ANYONE WISHING TO JOIN AN EXPERIENCED RIDE MUST BE COMPETENT AND CAPABLE IN ALL PACES. YOU MUST BE TRUTHFUL, THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY, OTHER RIDERS AND THAT OF THE HORSES
HORSE RIDING IS A RISK SPORT
Etiquette and Safety conditions
- We offer several different rides depending on the rider’s capability, you MUST be honest with your ability- otherwise it will endanger you and others around you. If in any doubt book a slower ride. We reserve the right to change/cancel your ride if we believe you are not at the required standard with no refund given.
- There can be hidden dangers on the ride, Horses can be startled by sudden movements, such as, Pheasants, loud noises, machinery and unfamiliar objects, Your Ride escorts and Instructors are there to help.
- Horse riding is not an amusement ride. Horses have minds of their own; you are a participant not a passenger. When you ride be in control at all times, NEVER let go of the reins or take your feet out of the stirrups.
- Do NOT mount or dismount your horse without assistance from either Staff or the Riding Centre helper’s.
- When selecting your/your Child's riding hat it must be the smallest comfortable size, snug fitting and come down to your/your Child's eye brow line. Staff can advise, assist and check the fitting. After the ride Hats MUST be put back neatly onto the shelves and Boots MUST go back into pairs in the allocated area.
- You MUST sit centrally in the saddle staying balanced at all times and do not lean to one side of the saddle.
- When on the ride leave at least one horses distance between your horse and the one in front of you.
- Clothing must be zipped or buttoned up, so they will not come undone/flap about whilst riding, do not remove/add clothing while on horseback. It is advised that shoulders and legs should be covered at all times when riding. In the event of wet weather ensure you bring appropriate clothing.
- Do not pass your ride escort unless requested to do so.
- Cameras, jewelry and the use of mobile phones are not allowed.
- Disability, medical conditions allergies and pregnancy must be notified prior to riding.
- Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED anywhere on the yard.
- Long comfortable trousers and protective shoes with a small heel must be worn at all times when riding or walking near the horses. We can provide appropriate foot wear, make sure you are wearing socks, if not we can provide you with a pair at a cost of £1.
- You must listen and obey the instructions of the ride escorts at ALL times.
- Each horse has a VERY STRICT weight limit please be truthful when booking (if you are unsure of your weight we do have a pair of scales to use) – WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WEIGH YOU PRIOR TO RIDING.
- DO NOT FEED ANY of the horses.
YOUR SAFTEY AND ENJOYMENT IS OUR PRIORITY